Friday, November 25, 2005

Told another friend yesterday….

I think I surprised him a bit. I had called him for legal advice and as a tangent mentioned the DSR article from last Sunday’s NY Times. I guess I thought I had told him about how my kids were conceived. All of my friends are aware that we went through multiple IVF cycles and most assume that is how the kids were conceived. Granted we did nothing to dissuade them of that belief.

Anyhow we started to discuss how the whole process works and the anonymity of the donors etc. I explained how via the DSR works and how we found my children’s half sibling. He could not imagine the whole thing. I have been living with the concept / reality of DI since my son was conceived that sometimes I forget how it sounds when you first hear of it. Pretty wild.

No comments: