Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Do Souls Transcend the Body?

Are people fated to be together? Some people believe that they have soulmates waiting out there for them to love. If so why shouldn't that concept be applicable also between parents and children?

I never really believed in the whole fate concept or soulmates. But after meeting and falling in love with my wife I began to wonder. Had I not been at a particular place and time we would never have met and eventually had these children.

There are those that believe that upon birth G-d bestows our soul upon us. If that is so, then while the genetics that created my kids are from the donor their souls are from G-d and if you believe in fate their souls were fated to be brought to Earth as our children. I'd like to believe this is true.

2 comments:

DI_Dad said...

Lia - I will check out the link. I will be blunt you have turned the point of this post around as my point was that I believe that my kids were meant to be with me, bloodlines aside. And yes Rel (http://t5sdaughter.blogspot.com) has sent me the Bloodlines links stuff (interesting reading). But the beauty of this whole blog thing is interpretation. Good luck. - Eric

biodad said...

I came across this really interesting website a few weeks ago which contained a piece about how donor conception separates children from their deeper spiritual roots and that they are therefore destined to be spiritually bereft in a significant way. The problem is that we are so tied to the scientific empirically based system of explanation and justification that consequentially we are quick to dismiss all the intangibles which inform our relationships. I deeply believe that the reason I found my two donor-conceived children was because the linking energy was so much out there that it was inevitable. My daughter, in particular, so dearly wanted to find me that she created a fracture in time and space in which that became possible. Why else, was it one of the most incredible magical experiences which I have ever had in my life?