Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Blog: Donor Conception New York

no. 322

I have come to the conclusion that one of my goals to start a national US based organization that would loosely act as an alliance of the various US donor conception related organizations is not happening and to be honest would unnecessarily try to duplicate what already exists, the DSR. It is our national organization in the US even if it is a different kind or organization.

What I am now going to attempt is start a local, grass roots group right here in New York City for NYC families looking to meet up (yes in person) with other families created via donor conception. I will admit the genesis for this idea is selfish. I think my kids would benefit long term from physically knowing other kids like themselves that later they can turn to as friends for all the things friends do as well at times when they need to gripe, share, question their personal stories.

I also think it would be helpful for me as a parent to face to face be able to on a periodic basis talk to another parent in person about DC related matters. So if you know folks here in NYC that might share these goals or desires send them my way at the new blog (linked through the post title) which may in time grow into something more...personal friendships

1 comment:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

One other idea--contact local RESOLVE and ask them to put out info for this group in one of their update emails or the newsletter. I would think that a group like this would have interest outside the blogging world too--and RESOLVE is just one more place to contact people. Also, the Stork Lawyer (Elizabeth Swire Falker) would be a good person to contact because many of her clients are using DI (she specializes in DI/DE/Surrogacy/Adoption) and she also lives/works in NY.