Friday, August 31, 2007

New School Year - New Decisions re Telling

School starts here in NYC on Tuesday. My son is starting kindergarten and a big project for his class will be examining families. It should be interesting to see how this develops. As I have said before he is aware that a donor helped create him and his sister. My wife asked me the other day whether we should tell his teacher before it comes up but I am prone to let him take the lead. If the teacher asks we can answer and certainly if she indicates he had any kind of an issue tring to explain it. My bet is it doesn't even come up. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Hi! I just wanted to leave you a quick note to say "thank you". Its nice to see someone blogging about this from the dad's point of view. I know having to accept using a donor is difficult, I am watching my husband struggle with it now. So kudos to you for being brave enough to take that chance. I'm so glad to see it worked out so beautifully for you.